Saturday, February 18, 2006

brrrrrr... I'm cold.

So today I rolled out of bed around the lazy hour of 11:30am. Thankfully it is Saturday, and we are now allowed to have that glorious morning 'off'. PTL. It is the second crazy day of freezing temperatures this Febuary in Texas... Only two days prior we had a roaring 85F and I was contemplating laying out by the pool and getting-my-tan-on. Yah, but we'll have none of that going on since the wind is dropping the temperature lower even as I type. A freezing rain advisory just flashed up on my screen for the night thru 9am tomorrow. To be quite honest, when I got home this evening I jumped into my newly purchased (during Thanksgiving in Portland) Sorel lined-boots, ski pants, and jacket... and I must confess that my feet haven't been this warm and content for some time. I KNEW bringing these pieces of gear may come useful even in Texas... I just didn't know when... and today is a very good day...tomorrow too, as we are expecting 32F (feels like 27F) for most the morning warming up finally to about 45F by the evening... and of course, by Monday temperatures will start to raise to the low 50sF. So pull out those winter-clothes real quick now else you'll miss another one of Texas' short Winter sessions. Who knows, this might be the last time till next year... one can never know.

1 Comments:

Blogger mlejane said...

that's because they only last but a few days...

Thu Feb 23, 12:37:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home